GLEE CLUB MANAGERSHIP COMPETITION ON MONDAY

Sophomores Wishing to Try for Second Assistant Manager Should Report at 7 o'Clock in Music Building--Competition Shorter Than Usual

The Sophomore competition for second assistant manager of the University Glee Club will start Monday night, October 9, at 7 o'clock, at the Glee Club office in the Music Building. The competition will be shorter than in former years, lasting only until the mid-years examinations, and time will be allowed for the candidates to prepare for the November hour examinations. J. K. Watson '23, the manager, will outline the work of the competition and will explain the duties of the candidates.

Work will consist in arranging and running concerts for the manager, and in assisting him in his duties. The concerts will be assigned individually to the candidates, so that each one will have full responsibility in the management of a concert. In this way an opportunity will be given every man to get some practical experience in the management of the Glee Club, and his ability can be tested by the way he handles the concert.

Accuracy, efficiency, and general business ability are the requirements for the successful candidate. The man who will be chosen as second assistant manager will go on the Spring trip with the Club and will become manager in his Senior year.