INTERCOLLEGIATE MUSICAL CORPORATION FORMED IN WEST

To Hold Contest Concert in Chicago During Winter--Winner to Compete With Successful Eastern Club in New York

The Intercollegiate Glee Club competition should be greatly enlivened in years to come by the entry of the western colleges as competitors. This is to be provided for by an intercollegiate musical corporation of the Middle West, which has just been formed and includes the men's glee clubs in universities and colleges belonging to the "Big Ten" conference, as well as those in Beloit, Grinnell, Wabash, and James Milliken colleges. The clubs of the federation will compete in a joint contest concert in Chicago during the winter. The club winning this contest will journey to New York in March and compete with the winner of the eastern intercollegiate corporation contest. In the latter contest each club will sing three songs.

If the University Glee Club maintains its present high standard in Intercollegiate musical circles, it seems more than possible that its members will represent the colleges of the east against those of the west.