1926 PLAYS WEAKLY AND LOSES TO ANDOVER

Schoolboys Overcome Freshmen for Second Time--Final Score Is 1-0--Yearling Forwards Sluggish--Captain Gray Stars on Defense

Playing an extremely weak game, the Freshman Soccer team, for the second time, was defeated yesterday afternoon at Cambridge 1-0 by Phillips Andover Academy. The forward line seemed lacking in any kind of team work and had it not been for the excellent showing made by some of the defense the score would have been much larger than it was.

Andover kept the ball in the yearlings' territory the entire game and though they carried it down to the goal time and again, they were consistently stopped by Captain S. E. Gray at left fullback. A. L. Phaneuf and C. R. Brooks, too, played their positions well, but all their activity was of no avail with a sluggish forward line. The only score of the game was made by Slagle on a kick from directly in front of the goal. The shot; though stopped at first, bounced off the goaler's body through the posts.

The second half was a repetition of the first with the ball in Crimson territory most of the time.

The summary follows: HARVARD FRESHMEN  ANDOVER Elliott, g.  g., Flynn Brooks, r.f.b.  l.f.b., James Gray (Captain), l.f.b.  r.f.b., Tseng Cook, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Shipman Tarnowsky, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Ransom Phaneuf, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Cheney Hord, o.r.f.  o.l.f., Tsai (Captain) Nash, i.r.f.  i.l.f., Slagle Dyer, c.f.  c.f., Samper Wright, i.l.f.  i.r.f., Dunsford Pero, o.l.f.  o.r.f., Potter

Time of halves, 30 minutes. Referee and timekeeper, Mr. McAuly. Goal, Slagle.