ACTION TAKEN TO GUARD RAILROADS AGAINST VIOLENCE

Ernest Schleifer Arrested on Charge of Inciting Strikers to Commit Felonies Against Railroad

"We are taking every possible precaution to safeguard the special trains to and from the Harvard-Yale game at New Haven," declared Mr. Howard A. Moulton, Special Representative of the New York, New Haven, and Hartford Railroad, to a CRIMSON reporter yesterday.

"Our entire trained force of railroad police will cooperate with the uniformed authorities in preventing any attempted interference with the proper and speedy operation of the special trains. The arrest in New Haven yesterday of a man said to be the inciter of a plot to cripple the football train service may be taken as a warning that the New Haven Road will tolerate no attempt on the part of striking shopmen or others to interfere with its service."

Mr. Moulton referred to the arrest in New Haven Thursday of Ernest Schleifer, of Watertown, N. Y., on a charge of inciting striking shopmen to commit felonies. He was held in a bond of $15,000 for a hearing in the City Court today.

Schleifer was arrested on evidence obtained by three operatives of the New York, New Haven, and Hartford Railroad, who attended a meeting of the striking shopmen Thursday, and took notes on a speech made by him. He is said to be an organizer and grand lodge representative of the International Association of Machinists.

The road contended that Schleifer had advocated violence to cripple motive power and rolling stock of the company to hinder traffic for the Harvard-Yale football game. The road also indicated that it believes the system federation in New Haven had violated an injunction issued by the Federal Court in Chicago some months ago, in permitting Schleifer to speak at all.

City Attorney Whittaker said that Schleifer would be prosecuted on two counts on a charge of inciting others to commit murder and burglary, the charges being based on the material collected by the three operatives of the New Haven road.