SQUASH RACQUETS TOURNEY NOW IN THIRD ROUND

Upsets Mark Yesterday's Play--Must Finish Third-Round Matches Before Next Sunday Night--E. M. Hinkle '23 on Massachusetts Ranking Committee

The progress of the annual fall squash requests tournament, which is now in the third round, was marked yesterday by two striking upsets. G. D. Debevoise '26 defeated F. I. Carpenter '24, who is number one man on team B., taking two out of three games. The other surprise came when G. M. Laimbeer '26 gained a close decision over L. H. Rouillion '24, who is playing on team C, by the score 15-11, 12-15, 15-8.

The remaining matches in the second round showed more expected results, although C. C. Colt '24 showed unusual power in taking one game in the match that he lost 1-2 to Carroll Harrington, who is number one on team A. Channing Wakefield 2L, advanced to the fourth round by defeating H. L. Hall 3L. 2-0. The results of the other matches are as follows:

E. M. Hinkle '23 defeated L. B. Norrie E.S. 2-0; A. L. Smith '25 defeated J. T. Glessner '25 2-1; D. S. Ingalls 3L, defeated J. McC. Roots 2-0; E. K. Davis '24 defeated R. K. Webel '23 2-0; W. P. Dixon '25, defeated Merrill Buffington 2L, 2-0. Matches in the third round need not be played off until Sunday night, November 12, so that the tournament will not interfere with the various events connected with the Princeton game.

It was announced yesterday that Captain E. M. Hinkle '23 will represent the University on the Committee on Ranking of the Massachusetts Squash Racquets Association.