CRIMSON SEXTET DEFEATS BOSTON UNIVERSITY, 2-0

Coach Claflin Tries Many Combinations, Using Entire Squad--Owen a Bulwark at Right Defence

Displaying a ragged offence with good defensive play, the University hockey team defeated Boston University 2-0 in the opening game of the season at the Arena last night.

The B. U sextet showed an unexpected stiffness in defence play, and only University scores were made in the opening period. The first tally was made by Beals from a scrimmage in front of the goal; Crosby caged another goal a short time afterwards on a dash through the B. U. defence. Although threatening continually in the second and third periods, the University forwards were unable to score again, due principally to the excellent play of Coach O'Hare's defence trio.

Twenty members of the University squad took part in the game, Coach Claflin's first-string men being on the ice only a part of each period. It is probably for this reason that the Crimson skaters were unable to run up a larger score against the supposedly weak B. U. team. The defence of the Crimson was excellent, Owen and Crosby breaking up the B. U. attacks time after time. Captain Owen played his usual excellent game at right defence, also taking an important part in the offence.

The summary: HARVARD  BOSTON UNIVERSITY Walker, Cabot, Beals, Austin, Graves, 1.w.  r.w., Sherman, Blaize Beals, Gardner, Austin, Guild, Hill, c.  c., Almer, Anderson Larocque, Guild, Hill, Lee, Cabot, Dempsey, r.w.  l.w., McArdle, Prevost, Chase Owen, Graves, Chase, Hammond, r.d.  l.d., Cochrane, Sterling Crosby, Pratt, Chase, Bohlen, l.d.  r.d., Kantoff, Frazier Flint, Bigelow, g.  g. Bauchman, Diehl

Referee, Sands. Time, three 12-minute periods. Goals, Beals, Crosby.