HUNGARIAN COLLECTION PRESENTED TO LIBRARY

Donation of 53 Volumes Made by Count Paul Teleki, Former Prime Minister of-Hungary-Similar to Austrain Collection Presented Last Year

Count Paul Teleki, former prime minister of Hungary, has presented to the Harvard College Library a collection of 53 volumes and pamphlets about Hungary, as part of a gift intended to relieve the scarcity of Hungarian material in American universities and public libraries.

In a letter to the library, Count Teleki states that he became aware of this scarcity of material about his native country during the summer of 1921, when he lectured at the Williamstown Conference and met there representatives of many American universities Count Teleki is professor of geography at the University of Budapest, general secretary of the Hungarian Geographical Society, and a fellow of the Hungarian Academy of Science.

His gift is similar to one of more than a thousand Austrian books and pamphlets sent last year to the Library by Professor R. Wettstein, vice-president of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, through the generosity of Wilhelm Ofenheim, a promoter of science of Vienna. The Austrian gift included books on a wide range of subjects published in Austria during the war, including volumes on history, literature, law, finance, politics, and medicine.