REV. GILLSEY SPEAKS AT P. B. H. ON MINISTRY AS A VOCATION

Leads Discussion on Conventional Objections to Profession-Church Offers Three Opportunities

Speaking to University men interested in the subject of vocations yesterday evening at Phillips Brooks House, Reverend James Gordon Gillsey '12 gave a talk and led a discussion on "Conventional objections that men make to the ministry".

"Some men feel", said Mr. Gillsey, "that the salaries are too small. Experience shows that if a man has ability he can make a comfortable living for himself. Some men also feel that the church is a petty undertaking, but here, again, experience shows that if a man has creative ability, he can make the church a significant social agency in his community. Some men feel that the opposition of Conservatives and Reactionaries make it impossible for them to enter the Ministry, but the fact is that the Progressive theories are being accepted on all sides today".

Mr. Gillsey also spoke of three opportunities for the Ministry today in preaching, religious education, and the organization of the Church as an agency for community service.