PLAN DEBATE WITH UNIV. OF PITTSBURG

Men to Argue on University and 1926 Teams Will be Tentatively Picked Then--Further Trials Later

The University Debating Council announced yesterday that a mid-winter debate for the University team will be held on January 13, the debate to be held probably with the University of Pittsburg.

On Friday evening, January 12, two Freshman debating teams will meet Exeter and Middle sex in two separate debates, the former to be held at Exeter, the latter to take place in Concord. This is the first occasion of a debate between these schools and Freshmen.

It is expected that the 1926 teams will be chosen before the Christmas holidays. Nine men will be selected at the debating trials to be held on Monday evening, December 18. The subject for this debate will be announced on December 11. From the nine men selected in the preliminary trials six will be retained as speakers, and together with alternates chosen from the remaining three will constitute the two teams.

The trials for the University debate will occur on December 18, the same evening as the trials for the Freshman teams, and the same general method of procedure will be followed in the selection of the speakers.

Plans are under way to establish a permanent debating fund, and to secure a permanent debating coach.