HAVE YOU?

Class organization during the undergraduate years has never been an outstanding feature of Harvard. There comes a time in the history of each class, however, when it is necessary to have support from every member. For 1922 that time has now arrived. At present there are several undertakings in progress which are distinctly for the benefit of the whole class. The Senior Album, the first to get under way and therefore the first to have the unfortunate experience of running into Senior inertia, reports that less than one fourth of the 700 blanks sent out three weeks ago have been returned. Such support is obviously anything but encouraging to the Committee.

Considering this fact one is inclined to wonder what will be the reception to the blanks distributed today by the Secretary and Treasurer. The Class Fund is always a difficult thing to organize; if only 25 per cent of the class agree to contribute, the task of keeping the unity of the class alive, already sufficiently difficult, will be rendered well-nigh impossible.

Of course all the information for the Class Album will eventually be rounded up, at the expense of a good deal of time and energy on the part of the Committee; but would it not be better to allow these men to devote themselves to the full to their work of getting out the album, by a hearty cooperation of the class, instead of having them waste their time in pursuing the life blank rendered elusive by the recalcitrant senior?