"ONE EVERY MINUTE"

The motion pictures have revivified the writer of circus showhills. Once again the family may crowd joyously about the lamp, eyes agog, to read the English language written with a flamboyancy that thrills the dullest. Poor Barnum's "Stupendous and Unparalleled Aggregation of Freaks" fades before this advertisement in a New York Sunday paper.

"Foolish Wives--the most wonderful picture in America--by and with Von Stroheim, 'the man you will love to hate'. The most costly, gigantic, superb and artistic screen spectacle ever devised and presented either in America or anywhere else in the civilized world. Reproducing in all its glory Monte Carlo the capital of the world of chance. Where Even Saints Are Sinners!"

But there is more to come. "The gay life of the city of pleasures -the sun drenched terrace and the sapphire sea--mondaines--cocottes--Kings and crooks--woman's vanity--busy husbands--idle foolish wives--enchanting--voluptuous--erotic nights--and all the world on a holiday--whispers--sighs and kisses! More thrills than ever before concentrated in one gigantic" (the only time he repeats) "and overwhelming picture."

The foregoing must cause the ghosts of the old showmen to shriek with envy. How the owner of the "Great Monohippic Show," would have loved that writer. It is hard to believe that such an art nearly perished. If the motion pictures can really bring it back, then, whatever the cost, we demand the motion pictures.