APPLICATIONS FOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS DUE APRIL 19

Offer Year of Study at Imperial College of Science and Technology--Elections on July 15

Applications for the Belt Fellowships for scientific research at the Imperial College of Science and Technology in England must be received on or before April 19. The elections will take place on July 15 and the three successful candidates will be notified immediately.

These three fellowships valued at 175 pounds or approximately $850 apiece are presented annually from a fund given in 1913 by Mr. Otto Beit of England. The successful candidates will devote all of their time during the year to original, scientific research at the Imperial College of Science and Technology in South Kensington near London, and at the end of this period are expected to compile the results of their work in the form of a book. Candidates for these fellowships may be either men or women who are under 25 years of age, both of whose parents are of European descent, and who have received a degree at some college or educational institution approved by the trustees of the fund. Harvard College has been so approved.

Further information may be found on the bulletin board near the delivery desk in Widener Library, while application blanks can be secured from the Rector, Imperial College of Science and Technology, South Kensington, S. W. 7, London. England.