"CRUCIBLE" TO BE STAGED

Drama of Pittsburg Mill Life to be Given Private Performance Tonight and Tomorrow at Agassiz House

Tonight and tomorrow night, the 47 Workshop, under the direction of Professor George P. Baker '87, will present "Crucible", by J. J. Daly Sp. The performance will be private, and will take place at 8 o'clock, at Agassiz House, Radcliffe.

"Crucible" is a drama of life among the workers in the Pittsburg steel mills It is similar, in a general way, to "Strife" and the "Mob", by John Galsworthy. The subject and main theme of the piece is the social conditions in the Pittsburg steel mills, coupled with the outlook on life of the workers there. The effect of the mills and the industry upon the minds of these people forms an important part of the atmosphere.

Social conditions among the laborers are portrayed with more than average fidelity. The beauty of the play is to be found in the atmosphere of mill life that is constantly in the background, and forms the groundwork and foundation throughout the play.

Unless there is an exceptional demand, "Crucible" will not be presented after Friday, work beginning almost immediately on the next productions of the Workshop, which are set for the middle of April.