75 FOOTBALL MEN REPORT

Addressed by Coach Fisher and Captain Buell--32 Intend to Go Out for Practice This Spring

Over 75 men who intend to report for football next fall attended the football meeting at the Varsity Club last night. Thirty-two of these men reported that they were going out for spring practice but Coach Fisher said that he was anxious to have at least four or five full elevens to work with. He suggested that every man present try to persuade some friend to report on Monday for practice with the squad.

C. C. Buell '23, captain of next year's eleven, opened the meeting by calling attention to the fact that a man on probation is of no value to the team and is apt to find himself in trouble with the office all through his college career.

Coach Fisher then outlined the plan of campaign for the spring practice. Particular stress will be laid on forward passing and kicking.

Coach Fisher feels that in view of the new rule covering the method by which an additional point may be made after a touchdown, will increase the importance of developing drop-kickers. To stimulate interest in this department of the game Coach Fisher plans to hold a kicking competition during the last week of spring practice. Prizes will be awarded the best punter, drop-kicker, and kicker off.

At the close of the meeting E. S. Webster Jr.-'23, next year's manager, announced that the first practice for candidates would take place in the Stadium on Monday, March 27, at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.