EXPECT DRIVE TO NET TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS

$1951.31 Already Received by Committee--All Solicitors Not Yet Heard From--Money Will be Turned Over to Red Cross This Afternoon

As a result of the Red Cross drive carried on among the undergraduates of the University on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week, $1951.31 was turned over to the Committee. Considering that a good many of the men appointed to do the soliciting have failed to hand in any contributions as yet, it is highly probable that the total sum will eventually exceed $2000. The committee in charge and the Student Council under whose supervision the drive was conducted wish to urge all such men to deliver either directly or by mail the money that they have collected to the Lampoon Building as soon as possible.

B. Del. Nash '23, chairman of the committee, will turn the money over to the directors of the Cambridge chapter of the American Red Cross, when he submits his report at a meeting this afternoon. The money will be used to benefit disabled veterans of the World War who are residents of Cambridge or ex-service men who, though citizens of other American cities, are temporarily stranded in Cambridge through lack of funds.