BASEBALL TEAM OUT-DOORS

Regular Practice on Freshman Diamond Now--Cut in University and Freshman Squads--Game Saturday

With only two weeks of practice remaining before the first game of the season on April 8, the University baseball squad will hold regular practice on the Freshman diamond beginning today. It is not expected that the University diamond will be in shape until the latter past of the week.

Following the work-out Saturday, seven men were cut from the squad. The large cut which will divide the 56 remaining players into the first and second squads, determining the men to be taken on the southern trip, will not be made until next week.

Twenty-three players were cut from the Freshman squad after the work-out on Saturday. No further cut will be made until the spring recess when the squad will be reduced to its final size of about 18 men.

After the regular Freshman practice on Saturday, a makeshift University team played a practice game with the 1925 team which was made up as follows: E. C. Herrman, pitcher; A. W. Samborski, catcher; L. M. Gibb, first; J. H. Hammond, second; Thomas Banes, third; L. O. V. Mann, shortstop; P. W. Chase, right field; Clark Hodder, center field; R. P. Rose, left field.