B.AND N. WINS TWO RACES FOR FOUR-OARS

Successful on Second Day of Invitation Regatta-Emerson Gains First Place in Senior Singles-Dead Heat in Second Heat for Double Sculls

In spite of the rain yesterday afternoon, the second day's events in the University Regatta were completed according to schedule.

E. D. Emerson E. S. won Senior singles race for the "Manager's Challenge Cup over the mile Basin course in 7 minutes 18 seconds. C. S. Nutt '24 and H. J. Williams '23 trailed in the order named several lengths" in the year.

In the contest for second school fours held at 4 o'clock, Browne and Nichols won handily over the half-mile course by a matter of one and a half lengths Cambridge Latin, Tabor, and Rindge placed second, third, and fourth respectively. Noble and Greenough and Huntington withdrew their crews from the race.

The third event was for first school fours. Here again Browne and Nichols carried off the prize, the "Harvard Challenge Cup", but this time her margin of victory was a scant two feet. Rindge Tech was barely nosed out at the finish by B. and N. while the Noble and Greenough, Cambridge Latin, and Tabor Academy fours trailed in that order.

W. H. Mitchell 11 and L. J. Moore Sp gained a length's decision over J. O. Bangs '25, and J. P. Whittall '25 in the mile double sculls event. The time was 5 minutes 54 seconds. The second heat resulted in a tie between R. H. Barka low 1G, and J. R. Conover '23, and R. F. Brander '23 and F. J. Wells '23. The two shells kept well together throughout the mile stretch and crossed the line in a dead heat.