JABLONSKI WINS PRIZE IN POSTER DESIGN COMPETITION

Dramatic Club Accepts Junior's Drawing--"Beranger", by Sacha Gultry, Highly Praised by Critics

Joseph Stanislaus Jablonski '23 of Rochester, N. Y., is the winner of the Dramatic Club poster designing competition. The delicate pastel shading of the background has caught well the spirit of the play woven about the life of Beranger, the famous song writer. The figure depicted on the poster is a copy of an old picture of this character.

When the play itself was first produced in France, several eminent critics declared that in this work Sacha Guitry had attained the height of his literary career.

For example, Monsieur Brisson, the famous dramatic aritic, said: "Beranger' is neither comedy nor tragedy. It is poetry--grace. An indefinable charm runs through these scattered scenes, bound together by a single thread".

Monsieur Antoine, another well-known critic, has said: "In Beranger, one feels that Guitry has wanted to relax himself by a return to delightful fantasy. In it, all is grace and lightness amidst the delightful Bohemian atmosphere of all these charming figures".

Tickets for all three performances of the play are now on public sale. There will be dancing after the Cambridge productions at Battle Hall on the evenings of May 8 and 11.