HOLY GROSS AND SECOND TENNIS MEN SPLIT EVEN

Match on Divinity Courts Results in 3-3 Tie-Visitors Show Unexpected Power -Farnham and Cummings Star-Seconds Face Huntington This Afternoon

Diplaying well balanced power that was unexpected in view of some of its earlier matches this spring, the Holy Cross tennis team tied the University seconds on the Divinity courts Saturday afternoon, 3-3. C. W. Farnliam was the individual star for the Crimson, defeating Pyne of Holy Cross, 6-4, 6-4, and contributing his steadiness as the deciding factor in wining the first doubles.

Cummings gave his best exhibition of the year, in winning from Moore of Holy Cross in straight sets. Moore had a peculiar twist service and his forehand strokes under good control and the only way that Cummings could gain the upper hand was by driving hard and deep to his opponent's backhand and taking the net.

The summary:

Singles, Farnham (II) defeated Pyne (H C), 6-4, 6-4; Maloney (H C) defeated Kleberg (H) 6-2, 8-6; Martin (HC) defented Dibblee (H), 6-2, 9-7; Cummings (H) defeated Moore (H C), 6-3, 6-4.

Doubles, Farnham and Kleberg (H) defeated Pyne and Maloney (H C), 6-4, 5-7, 6-4; Martin and Moore (H C), defeated Dibblee and Du Bois (H), 7-5, 6-3.

Final score: Harvard Seconds 3, Holy Cross 3.

The second team will play Huntington on the Divinity courts at 4 o'clock this afternoon. After a few early season victories, the schoolboys have fallen down considerable and it is doubtful if they can give the Crimson men a hard fight.