FENCERS WILL CROSS SWORDS WITH CUBANS

Match in Hemenway Gymnasium at 4.30 o'Clock This Afternoon -- Invaders Have Won Every Contest of Tour to Date

This afternoon at 4.30 on the main floor of the Hemenway Gymnasium the University fencing team will face the championship Cuban team which is now touring the country. Captain Burke Boyce '22, E. H. Lane '24 and E. L. Lane '24 will fence while W. R. Brewster '24 wil substitute. It will be the first international fencing meet ever held at the University and will be the Cubans' only college match in this country.

The University fencers, who have been holding regular practice since the Intercollegiates in New York in March, are all in excellent condition, and should give the invaders a stiff fight. The strongest kind of opposition is to be expected, however, as the Cubans have gone up against the best fencers of New York, Philadelphia and Washington and to date have not lost a match. Several of the Cuban team have taken part in the Olympic games at Antwerp, while Manuel D. Diaz '89, a former University and B. A. A. fencer, will be in the lineup.