HODDER IS AWARDED FRESHMAN SCHOLARSHIP

President of 1925 Honored at Jubilee Prepared at Newton High--Gore Hall Wins Dormitory Singing for Third Successive Year

Clark Hodder '25 of Newton was awarded the 1924 Class Memorial Scholarship by D. S. Holder '24, last year's Freshman President, in behalf of the class of 1924, at the Freshman Jubilee last night. Hodder, who prepared at Newton High School, is president of the Freshman class, was captain of the 1925 hockey team, and is a member of the baseball nine.

The scholarship is annually presented to that member of the Freshman class who, in academic record, achievements in athletics and other extra-curriculum activities, is considered to have done most for his class. In awarding this scholarship the Sophomore class adheres to the custom established by the class of 1919, which awarded the first memorial scholarship, to F. K. Bullard '20. The classes of 1920, 1921, 1922 and 1923 continued the custom by presenting scholarships to J. A. Sessions '21, H. F. Colt '22, M. W. Self '23 and Percy Jenkins '24 respectively.

In the singing contests held last night as part of the Jubilee entertainment, Gore Hall won possession of the silver cup for the third successive time, President Lowell making the presentation. The winning dormitory sang "Upidee" and "Up the Street" with N. L. Bean '25 as leader; Smith Halls, "Who Did?," and "Here's a Health to King Charles", with M. L. Brown '26 as leader; and Standish, "There is a Tavern in the Town" and "Ten Thousand Men of Harvard" with Russell Deward '25 as leader. Standish won the cup in 1919, while Smith cautured it the two previous years.