TWELVE WEEKS COMPETITION FOR BUSINESS BOARD TO START

Meeting at 7 o'Clock Wednesday at Crimson Building--Will be Open to Members of Freshman Class

A 12-weeks CRIMSON business competition, open only to Freshmen, will start Wednesday evening at 7 o'clock. At that time the Business Manager will explain the details and outline the work of the competition to all candidates and any other Freshmen who are interested, whether they have definitely decided to enter the competition or not, at a meeting in the Business Office of the Crimson Building, 14 Plympton street.

The work in the competition this spring will not interfere with the candidates' preparation for their final examinations. It will chiefly consist of acquainting the men with the routine office work and the system employed in securing advertising and new accounts. This competition, continuing as it does for about eight weeks in the fall, affords the easiest opportunity for Freshmen to make the Board since practically all concerns compile their year's advertising budget in September, which is consequently the most opportune time for soliciting contracts and new accounts.

The work, although exacting, does not require previous experience. Election to the Board will be based on the total volume and receipts of this advertising secured by the candidates and on their general usefulness to the paper.