PRESENT PORTRAIT OF PROF. WILLISTON TO LAW SCHOOL

Picture of Famous Teacher and Authority on Sales and Contracts Accepted by Acting Dean--Letter from Dean Pound

At the meeting of the Harvard Law School Association in Langdell Hall yesterday afternoon, F. W. Grinnell '98, secretary of the Association, formally presented to the Law School on behalf of the organization a portrait of Professor Samuel Williston '82, painted by Edmund C. Tarbell. Professor E. H. Warren '12, Acting Dean, made the speech of acceptance, while Murray Seasongood '08 spoke concerning the Association and alumni at large.

Professor Williston, who has gained a nation-wide reputation for himself as editor of several books on contracts, sales, and bankruptcy, was lauded by Mr. Grinnell as one of the greatest teachers in the history of the Law School. In his speech he included part of a letter received from Dean Boscoe Pound LL.D. '20 from London last month. Dean Pound's words were as follows:

"I rejoice that Williston's portrait is to be presented. As a teacher he is without a poor; as a scholar and lawyer he is among Harvard's best of all time as will be appreciated more as we come to see how sanely he has mediated between the nineteenth and the twentieth centuries and as a man is lovable".