SPRING INTERDORMITORY TROPHY GOES TO SMITH

Defeats Standish and Gore with Total of 22 Points--Wins Thomas W. Slocum Cup for Crew Race--Gore First in Track Meet

Smith has won the spring championship of the Freshman dormitories and consequently will have its name engraved under the heading "Spring 1922" on the three permanent dormitory shields that are now hanging in the Common Rooms of the Freshman Halls. They are the gift of Mr. J. I. Straus '93, who became interested in the physical training program when it was first introduced at the University and offered to give each of the Freshman dormitories any trophy that Mr. W. H. Geer, Director of Physical Education, considered appropriate.

Smith Wins Crew and Handball

During this season Smith has scored a total of 22 points, winning first place in rowing, handball, and in the number of representatives on the Freshman teams; second in track and tennis; and third in baseball. Gore and Standish tied for second place with 16 points each.

As the result of the Spring Interdormitory Regatta, the Thomas W. Slocum '00 crew cup was won by Smith, whose second crew led the first Smith crew and the first Standish crew across the finish by a full length. By winning the interdormitory track meet this spring. Gore is entitled to the Graduates' Track Cup.

The points scored by the three dormitories during the spring season were:

*Gore and Standish tied for first place in baseball.   Smith  Gore  Standish Track  3  5  1 Tennis  3  1  5 Rowing  5  1  3 *Baseball  1  4  4 Handball  5  3  1 Numerals  5  2  2   --  --  -- Total  22  16  16