LAW BOOK LOAN LIBRARY TO BE OPEN AT P. B. H. TODAY

Limited Number of Volumes on Hand--Deposit of 50 cents required--Loan Library for College Books Starts Monday

The Law Book Loan Library of Phillips Brooks House will open this morning at 9 o'clock for the first time in order to permit men who are unable to buy the case books required in their courses to borrow them at a moderate rate. Only a limited number of books are available and men desirous of obtaining copies should apply as early in the morning as possible.

A deposit of 50 cents on each book is required of which 25 cents will be returned to the owner on the receipt of the book at the end of the year. No man will be allowed to borrow more than three volumes.

The regular Loan Library for college text books will not open until Monday morning at 9 o'clock in order to give all men planning to attend College an equal chance to secure necessary books. It has been decided that a uniform deposit of 25 cents will be required this year, all of which minus five cents a copy or expenses, will be returned on receipt of the borrowed copy. The decision to fix a uniform rate instead of the former scale of 10, 15, and 25 cents per copy, comes as a result of the growing tendency not to return books on which only a small deposit has been made; the actual expense to the borrower remains in all cases the same.