P. B. H. LOAN LIBRARY OPENS

More Than 250 Books Borrowed First Day--Hours Today Are 9-1 and 2-5

More than '250 books were borrowed from the Phillips Brooks House Loan Library yesterday, the first day that the Library has been open this year. Those in charge have decided to keep the Library open again all day today and tomorrow with the exception of one hour in the middle of the day. Men desiring to borrow books will find someone in charge from 9 until 1 and from 2 until 5 the office will be kept open for only one hour a day.

Several thousand French, German and Spanish readers are on hand in the Library for which there has been up to the present only a moderate demand. Men planning to take French 2 or 6, German 2a or 2b or 3, or any one of the elementary Spanish literature courses will find almost all the books needed in their courses available at the Library.

Those in charge of the work at Phillips Brooks House have announced that since the books on hand are not listed by courses, men applying must know the name of the author and the title of the specific books they require. A deposit of 25 cents will be required on each volume borrowed.