THE MOB SCENE IN ACT!

When three men start through the same door at once, and the door is built to allow passageway for two, what happens? The answer to this question would solve the mystery of the mobs at Memorial yesterday.

Innovations are always in order, and if those who succumbed yesterday after three hours of watching the battered Fedoras and frayed collars of the men just in front can fell that their sufferings were in the great cause of efficiency, there sacrifice will not have been in vain. The intention was a good one, and registration outside the Yard may be a blessing in disguise, but why in the name of common sense was it deemed practical to send all four registering classes to four respective tables via one narrow entrance? And why, such being the case, did all the College find it necessary to stampede to be registered before lunch? O ye of little faith, but much persistence!

It is all over now, but the flagstones of Memorial must feel like the tramp steamer whose captain reported that the whole Atlantic had swept over them, but, the deck holding, it had passed on off the other side.