PHILLIPS BROOKS HOUSE DRIVE NETS ONE-FIFTH OF QUOTA IN FIRST DAY

CAMPAIGN WILL LAST UNTIL TOMORROW NOON

The annual drive of Phillips Brooks House to cover the activities for the coming year made an excellent start yesterday with the first day's contributions amounting to over $1000. The drive for $5000 was officially launched on Wednesday evening when a dinner was given to the 84 collectors who are now covering the dormitories in the neighborhood. The committee has asked any men who wish to contribute to the fund and who have not been approached to leave their contributions at Phillips Brooks House between 9 and 5 or at the CRIMSON Building between 9 and 10 in the evening.

The drive will last until tomorrow noon, but if the quota is not reached by then a short clean-up campaign will be held next week.

Collectors who still have money in their possession tomorrow have been asked to leave it at the Crimson Building between 12 and 1 o'clock.

The collection is being carried on under the supervision of F. T. Baldwin '24, Treasurer of the Brooks House. The dormitories about Cambridge have been divided into three districts and a chairman placed in charge of the collection in each. Every collector is assigned to a special territory, so that nearly all the residents will be approached. Those living at a distance may contribute by mail.