FAST TIGER TEAM FACES UNIVERSITY ON ICE TONIGHT

Van Gerbig Most Dangerous of Opponents--His Team Has Scored 27 Goals in Four Games--Lost to McGill

Tonight at 8.15 o'clock in the Arena, the University hockey team will face the Princeton sextet, in the first game of the 1923 series. The second contest is scheduled for February 24 at the Baker Memorial Rink at Princeton; and in case of a tie in the series a third game will be played, the time and place to be decided later.

Princeton Helped by New Rink

The team which faces the Crimson skaters tonight is one of the strongest Princeton teams ever developed, if recent scores are any indication. In past years, the Crimson sextets have had a marked advantage over the Orange and Black, due to better facilities for practice, but, with the new Baker Memorial Rink now open, Coach Gaw of the Tigers has been able to give his charges all the practice that he deems necessary.

As a result of this, he has been able to build a system of team-play around his stars, Captain Van Gerbig at right defence, and Davis at centre, which should cause the Crimson considerable worry. Just how formidable the Princeton team is, may be judged from the fact that, starting the season on January 2 with a 3 to 2 defeat by McGill, Coach Gaw's charges came back to defeat the Saint Nicholas Hockey Club 3 to 2, M. I. T. 9 to 0, and the University of Pennsylvania 13 to 1. Captain Van Gerbig has scored most of the goals for Princeton this year.

Beals in Line-Up

A shift has been made in the Crimson line-up. E. M. Beals Jr. '25, who was formerly at center, will start at right wing, while Joseph Larocque Jr. '23, who has been playing right wing in practice this week will start in Beals' place at center. The University sextet has spent the week perfecting its team play, and, with every member of the squad in the best possible condition, the prospects for a Crimson win are bright, even against a team that in four games has piled up 27 goals to six for its opponents.