HOCKEY TEAM WILL ENCOUNTER M. I. T.

Engineers to Present Uncertain Outfit Much Improved Since 9-0 Defeat by Princeton--Have Good Man in Hayden

Winding up a hard practice session with a short scrimmage against the M. I. T. sextet, the University hockey team yesterday afternoon prepared for tomorrow evening's contest with the Engineers at the Arena. Captain Owen and Joseph Larocque Jr. '23, regular center on the University sextet, were the only members of the squad, which has been cut to fourteen men, who did not report yesterday. Owen is suffering from a slight cold, which will not, however, keep him out of tomorrow's contest. Larocque, whose cold is somewhat worse, will probably be out until Saturday.

M. I. T. has a team which shows flashes of brilliancy at times. The fact that Princeton was able to win by a score of 9 to 0 is offset by their 3 to 1 defeat of the strong Boston University sextet. The Engineers have shown considerable improvement in practice sessions since the Princeton game. Captain Hayden, playing at defense, is the most reliable man on the team. It is probable that either Hill or Guild, both letter-men, will start at center for the University in Larocque's place, but the position is at present in some doubt.