TENNIS SQUAD TO START WORK AT CHESTNUT HILL

Memberships Secured for Ten Players Selected to Practice on Indoor Courts of Longwood Club--Four Veterans Constitute Nucleus of Team

Official practice for the University tennis squad will begin immediately after midyears on the indoors courts of the Longwood Tennis Club at Chestnut Hill. Informal practice has been held at Longwood since early in December.

Ten men have been chosen to practice regularly at Longwood this winter. Besides Captain Morris Duane '23, who was not in college this fall but who will return after mid-years, the men selected are L. H. Bondi '25, Alden Briggs '25, W. P. Dixon '25, C. W. Farnham '24, G. C. Guild '23, J. M. Hopkins '25, W. W. Ingraham '25, K. S. Pfaffman '24 and Donald Stralem '24. The management has already received memberships for the squad at the Longwood Club.

Four Veterans Return

Prospects for the development of a good team appear exceedingly bright, with four veterans returning and with the addition of several promising members of the 1925 team.

Captain Morris Duane '23 is perhaps the strongest and most reliable player on the squad. He was a member of the combined Harvard-Yale tennis team which invaded England last summer and in every match his steadiness was apparent.

K. S. Pfaffman '24 was another member of the combined Harvard-Yale team and should be at the top of his form this spring. C. W. Farnbam '24 and G. C. Guild '23 are the two other veterans available.

Good Material From 1925

From last year's Freshman squad, W. W. Ingraham '25 is by far the outstanding player. Ingraham was captain of the 1925 team and the third University representative who journeyed to England. He was also awarded third place in the National junior singles ranking for 1922. W. P. Dixon '25 and L. H. Bondi '25 are other members of the 1925 team who will make a strong bid for positions.

Outdoor practice for all the players will be held as early as possible this spring under the direction of Coach Harry Cowles. A spring trip during the Easter recess is now pending, and will include matches with the Chevy Chase Country Club of Washington and the U. S. Naval Academy.