CRIPPLED TEAM TO FACE M.I.T. ON ICE

Team Has Shown Great Improvement in Recent Games--Three Victories and Two Defeats Compose Season's Record

A hard practice yesterday which included a 25-minute scrimmage against the B. A. A. sextet, wound up the preparation of the University hockey team for the contest with M. I. T. at the Arena this evening at 8.15 o'clock. For the first time this season, the Crimson team will go into a game seriously handicapped by sickness and injuries. Captain Owen and Joseph Larocque Jr. '23, regular center, are both sufferng from colds. Larocque's illness will keep him out of the game tonight, but it is probable that Owen will start. In the event that he cannot take his place in the line-up, J. W. Hammond '25 will play in his position. G. C. Guild '23 will start for Larocque at center. J. G. Flint '23 is also incapacitated, having been struck by a puck in a recent practice. His place at goal will be taken by Chandler Bigelow '25, while Malcolm Dole '24 may be taken from the second squad to act as Bigelow's substitute.

Engineers Defeated B. U.

The Engineers, although their early showing was poor, have given evidence of greatly increased strength in recent practices and games. Starting the season with a 7 to 4 win over Boston University on December 8, they lost to Princeton by 9 to 0 on January 6, and to Boston College by 4 to 0 on January 11.

January 17 found them playing much better in a 3 to 1 victory over Boston University, and their victory on January 20 over West Point by a score of 6 to 5 demonstrated the type of hockey they are capable of playing. The return of MacNeil to his defense position has permitted Captain Hayden again to take his usual place in the forward line. Nickle, last year's captain, will start at goal.