CRIMSON FIVE FACES WORCESTER TECH

Engineers Have Strong Attack, but Have Lost Two Games This Year--McElroy and Merriam Crimson Substitutes

By sending his men through light formation work and shooting practice yesterday afternoon Coach Wachter closed the week's preparation for the Worcester Polytechnic Institute game which is to be played at Worcester at 8 o'clock tonight. Throughout the drill, which was shorter than usual, the new line-up with McElroy and Merriam as first string substitutes was retained. Both Captain Gordon and McLeish reported for practice although the latter probably will not be able to play tonight. Both McElroy and Merriam have made fast strides recently and probably will play part of the game against the Engineers.

Captain Berry playing at the pivot position for Tech, will undoubtedly give Miller, center for the Crimson, the stiffest opposition so far this year. He has been chosen all-American center for two consecutive years and in the four games played this season has shown stellar jumping and fake passing. The Engineers have developed an attack in which Berry feeds the ball to the forwards cutting under the basket for a goal.

Worcester has lost this season to the fast Rhode Island State quintet in a last minute rally by a score of 36-35, and to Lowell Tech 27-25. Both games were hard fought to the end.

Last winter the Engineers met the Crimson twice, winning 32 to 18 the first time, and losing the second game 31 to 17.