PRESIDENT ELIOT TO SPEAK THIS AFTERNOON

Will Give Address on "The Antioch Plan of Education" at Hotel Somerset--New Idea Called Most Interesting Educational Enterprise in Country

At 4.30 o'clock this afternoon President Eliot will speak on "The Antioch Plan of Education" in the Green Room of the Hotel Somerset, Boston. Mr. A. E. Morgan, President of Antioch College, Yellow Springs, Ohio, will also be present. President Eliot has described the Antioch Plan as "the most interesting educational enterprise now going on in our country". All members of the University interested in the subject are invited to attend the address.

Antioch Plan Summarized

The aim of the Antioch program is a well-proportioned training for modern life. Required liberal studies are combined with courses in the technique of administration in industrial, commercial, and professional fields. The students spend half their time in such study, and half in paid employment in appropriate occupations. Study and work alternate in five-week periods.

It is one of Mr. Morgan's objects that the college, as well as its undergraduates, shall be self supporting, in the largest degree compatible with quality in service rendered. Success in this aim, which has recently been called "the next great adventure in education" would be a promising step toward solution of the problem of educational endowment.