MOVING-PICTURES MAY REPLACE LECTURES AS UNION ENTERTAINMENTS

UNDERGRADUATE COMMITTEE HOPES FOR SUGGESTIONS

On Thursday, January 18, at 7.30 o'clock, the Union will present an innovation in the form of a moving picture entertainment in the Living Room.

This first purely moving picture entertainment which the Union has ever attempted is in the nature of an experiment. The management stated yesterday that if sentiment is in favor of such an innovation, the plan will be continued and will to a certain extent replace lectures. News-reels and features, such as "Kismet", "The Miracle Man", "The Submarine Eye", "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde", "The Last of the Mohicans", and "Silas Marner", if so desired, will be shown.

The program for the first entertainment includes the following:

"Golf", a slow action analysis (1, reel); "Growing Flowers", a fast action analysis (1-2 reel); a cartoon comedy (1-2 reel); "A Ruler of Men", by O. Henry (2reels); and "Now or Never", a comedy (3 reels).

For the coming entertainment the Undergraduate Committee of the Union has announced that it would greatly appreciate suggestions as to the types of films desired, so that it may be guided in arranging programs. Any suggestions should be left at the office of the Graduate Secretary of the Union.