Playful Freshmen No Longer to Disturb Academic Calm of New Haven; Drinking Means Dismissal, President Warns

"You cannot under the Federal law, and you cannot under the University law, bring intoxicating liquors into any building of the University. Whatever you may think of the Eighteenth Amendment or of the moderate use of liquor, this rule holds." Such, according to reports was President Angell's dictum to Yale Freshmen at his reception for the incoming class at New Haven. Violation of this rule, the made perfectly clear would bring about instant dismission.

It is expected that this announcement puts an end to any hope that the deeds of the ebullient class of 1926 will ever be repeated. It is even rumored that the bulldog's biscuit will be in future softened with root beer.

To make matters perfectly plain President Angell added: The University will not permit dissipation. No man can come to any great success at Yale who is known to be a dissipated man." He further said: "When you go out in the streets it is your business to observe the ordinary amenities of life."