PUDDING AUTHORS GATHER AS 1924 PLANS PROGRESS

Manuscripts Due on December 10--Work on Production Will Begin Shortly After Christmas Vacation

In response to the call of the Hasty Pudding Theatrical Committee, a large number of prospective authors of the book for this year's Pudding show, met today at the Hasty Pudding club to hear the conditions of the competition. All manuscripts, it was learned, will be due on December 10. The winning book will be selected by January 1, and work on the production will begin shortly afterward.

Mr. Louis Silvers, who directed the musical numbers of the Pudding show in 1922 and the entire production in 1923 has been chosen to direct this year's play. Mr. Silvers has served as the musical producer for Al Jolson, and is also prominent as a composer of popular music.

The schedule of performances for this year's production will be much the same as last year. In addition to performances in Cambridge and Boston, the Pudding company will play in New York and Baltimore during the spring recess.

The theatrical committee is beginning its arrangements earlier this year than ever before. In this way, the committee hopes to have enough leisure for detail in the latter part of the season to polish up the details of the 1924 production.