VITAL TOPICS CONSIDERED AT DISCUSSION GROUPS

Current Events and Books Studied in Their Religious Aspects--Five New Groups Organized for Next Week

Three of the eight discussion groups instituted by the Phillips Brooks House Association have met and organized during the week, according to a statement given out by H. H. MacCubbin '26, chairman of the Phillips Brooks House committee on Bible study and discussion groups.

The first of these discussion groups whose object is to stimulate discussion of current topics under intelligent leadership, met on Tuesday night in the Noble room of Phillips Brooks House with the Rev. A. O. Phinney of Trinity Church as leader. The topic chosen for discussion on the following Tuesday dealt with the efficiency of Christianity in solving present economic problems.

"Is the spirit of Christianity increasing or decreasing particularly in the case of the college student" is the question which another group meeting under Reverend F. O. Holmes of the Harvard Street Unitarian Church chose for discussion on Tuesday.

The third group met at Claverly 18 order the leadership of Professor N. P. Nash '69 of the Episcopal Theological School. This group has decided to use Curry's "Jesus and His Cause" in relation to the gospel of Mark, as a basis for their weekly discussion.

In addition to these three groups, which have already been organized, five new groups will be started during the coming week in Phillips Brooks House at 7 o'clock:--

Monday, October 15, Reverend Newton C. Felter of the First Baptist Church of Boston.

On Wednesday, October 17, three groups will be started, one under the Rev. K. C. MacArthur '05 of the Old Cambridge Baptist Church, one by Reverend Allen W. Clark '18 of St. Paul's Cathedral, Boston, assisted by Mr. F. C. Lawrence, and one by Mr. W. A. Shimer '18 of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.