HIBBEN BELIEVES U. S. SHOULD RELIEVE EUROPEAN TENSION

Princeton's President Sees Danger of War Between Germany and France Unless America Intervenes

That war between France and Germany is in the making unless something is done to relieve the tension "through the good offices of America" was the fear expressed recently by President Jobben of Princeton. The occasion for the statement was the meeting of the International Polity Club at Princeton, where President Hibben reviewed his recent trip through Europe.

"The disaster" he declared, "which must inevitably follow will overtake America as well as Europe. We face a great opportunity as well as a grave responsibility to use our power and influence to free the world from the menace of another war."

"There has been a general impression", he continued, "that the topsy-turvy, wild condition of the finances of Germany indicates a reduction of the people to the lowest state of want, privation, and distress. This is not at all true, as there is every evidence upon all sides of great industrial activity and prosperity."