PI ETA PLAYERS PLAN FOR ANNUAL PRODUCTION

First Performance Will be For Graduates on January 4--Book Will be Compilation of Contributions

A performance at Smith will probably be the grand finale of the theatrical season of the Pi Eta Society according to tentative plans announced yesterday. Unless the present plans are changed, the last dress rehersal of the Pi Eta show will take place on January 3; Graduates night will be on the subsequent evening; and the public performances will begin on January 5. Of these public performances several will be given in Cambridge, one in Quincy, and one in Brookline. The final performance will be given in Northampton.

Although no title has been selected for this year's production it is understood that the general theme of the play is to be a burlesquing of the type of mystery play now in vogue. Several musical numbers have already been selected and contributions for the play book are being received from members of the Pi Eta Society. Contrary to the plan adopted by the Hasty Pudding Club, the book and lyrics will not be chosen by competition, but will be arranged from contributions made by all the members.

This year, as last, R. D. Gerould '24 has been selected to compile the book and arrange it in its final form. Other appointments to executive positions for this year's production have been tentatively made. Mr. G. V. C. Lord, coach of last year's Pi Eta Show, "First Down, Egypt" has been reappointed this year.

R. S. Aldrich '25, former manager of several plays given by the Harvard Dramatic Club, has been selected as the general manager of the production. J. M. Bruce '25 and J. K. Collins '25 will be assistant managers. The publicity will be in charge of Alden Briggs '25 and O. R. Rice '25, while W. A. Gordon III '24 and H. W. Spencer '24 will direct the advertising. The stage managers are to be J. D. Flint '24 and L. L. Robb '25, while the electrical work will be supervised by B. S. Wood '25. B. H. Burnham '24 will direct the sale of tickets and H. A. Wood will be the business manager.

In addition it is expected that several graduate members of the Pi Eta Society will supervise and assist the work of the production. The members of this graduate advisory committee however have not yet been definitely announced.