FIRST RACES OF 150-POUND REGATTA TO BE HELD TODAY

Fred Newell Will Select Three Boats After Finals For New Squad

The first races of the 150-pound regatta will be held this afternoon on the Charles River from the Cambridge Boat Club to the Anderson Bridge. Coach Fred-Newell of the 150-pound crews announced yesterday that after the finals of the regatta tomorrow he will select three University 150-pound eights from the seven that are now rowing and keep these three for the remainder of the fall rowing season all on a par with no attempt at classifying them into first second and third 150 pound crews. These three will term the nucleus of the first University 150 pound crew in the spring. The remaining four crews will continue to row as long as the weather permits still under the supervision of Coach Newell.

Many scullers were working out on the river yesterday in preparation for the fall sculling regatta that is going to take place Wednesday and Thursday of next week. Coach Ed Wachter has been coaching these men and has had a larger number than usual which may point to a fast and highly contested sculling regatta.