INVENTOR OF MODEL ATOM TO LECTURE HERE THIS WEEK

Copenhagen Professor to Give Unusual Talk on Spectra Theory

Two unusual lectures in the field of physics will be given tomorrow and Friday in the Jefferson Physical Laboratory by Professor Niels Bohe of the University of Copenhagen, it was learned yesterday from Professor Theodore Lyman, director of the laboratory. Both of these lectures, which will be given at 5 o'clock in the large lecture room of Jefferson, will be on the theory of spectra and atomic constitution.

Professor Bohe is an international authority on spectra and radio activity. He is believed by many to have been the originator of the electron theory of atomic composition. Professor Lyman, however, explained that this was not strictly true.

"The electron theory is far older than Professor Bohe," he said, "but he did invent a model of the atom which so far has been more successful than any other in explaining certain well known facts in spectrum analysis. His model is probably the most successful and interesting to the physicist that has ever been conceived. His work has been more to establish certain facts about the electron than to prove its existence."

To Give Series of Lectures at Yale

Professor Bohe has come to America for the purpose of delivering the Silliman series of lectures at Yale during the winter. He has visited several colleges in Canada and is now on a tour, visiting the laboratories of some of the more prominent eastern colleges before he goes to New Haven.