TO DISCUSS LEONARDO AS ARTIST AND ENGINEER

John W. Lieb, Famous as an Electrical Engineer Will Lecture at Fogg--To be Given Dinner at Harvard Club

John W. Lieb will speak at the Fogg Art Museum Thursday at 8 o'clock on "Leonardo da Vinci", with special reference to him as a man, an artist and as a military engineer. He will illustrate his lecture with many representative slides of his works and also of some of the modern replicas, showing the differences between the originals and those of imitators who lacked the genius of the great master. Mr. Lieb, although essentially an electrical engineer, has made an extensive study of Leonardo and his period. He comes to the University at the invitation of the University Engineering Society.

Mr. Lieb gained international fame as an engineer through his research and developments in the general field of municipal utilization of electricity. He made many tests and experiments in the first electrical station in the United States, the Pearl Street Station in New York city, supplying current for incandescent lighting and power from an undergound system. This system he has installed in many cities in the country and also in Milan, Italy, for the Italian Edison Company. He is now back in New York as vice-president of the New York Edison Company and president of the Electrical Testing Laboratories. He was decorated by the King of Italy and made a Knight Commander, Order of the Crown of Italy.

Before the lecture a dinner will be given in Mr. Lieb's honor at the Harvard Club at which Dean Hughes of the Engineering School will preside.