FIRST DISCUSSION GROUP WILL CONVENE TONIGHT

Will Open Series of Similar Groups Organized Under Auspices of P. B. H. Rev. A. O. Phinney to Preside

The first of the annual discussion groups will meet in the Noble Room of Phillips Brooks House tonight at seven o'clock. The Reverend Arthur O. Phinney '17 of Trinity Church, Boston, will lead the discussion upon any subject decided upon by men attending. Several other groups will be formed during this and next week and all of these groups will continue until the Christmas recess. Meetings will be held at the time and place decided upon at the time of organization. Any member of the University may join any of these groups.

The object of these groups is to give an opportunity to students not only to discuss current topics but to discuss them intelligently under the leadership of men qualified to help them. Similar groups last year were most successful. The Phillips Brooks House has declared itself anxious to aid anyone interested in the formation of such groups among the Freshmen. Members of the University Christian Association and the Silver Bay Delegation will be present at the Phillips Brooks House to assist anyone in selecting a group.

The schedule of meetings follows:

Tuesday, October 9 Rev. Arthur O. Phinney '17 Trinity Church, Boston.

Wednesday, October 10 Rev. Frank O. Holmes, Harvard St. Unitarian Church; Rev. Norman B. Nash '09, Episcopal Theological School assisted by Mr. W. C. Hicks '23.

Sunday, October 14 Rev. Newton C. Felter, First Baptist Church of Boston.

Wednesday, October 17--Rev. K. C. MacArthur '05, Old Cambridge Baptist Church; Rev. Allen W. Clark '18, St. Paul's Cathedral, Boston assisted by Mr. F. C. Lawrence; Mr. W. A. Shimer '18, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.

Thursday, October 18--Professor J. T. Addison '09 of the Episcopal Theological School assisted by Mr. R. T. Lyford '18.