LEONARDO AS AN ENGINEER WILL BE LIEB'S SUBJECT

Prominent Electrical Scientist Will Speak in Fogg Museum Tonight

"Leonardo da Vinci, the man, artist and military engineer" is the subject chosen for his lecture by John W. Lieb, vice-president of the New York Edison Company and president of the Electrical Testing Laboratories. He will speak at 8 o'clock this evening at the Fogg Art Museum under the auspices of the University Engineering Society. Mr. Lieb has a very representative collection of slides pertaining to the works and replicas of Leonardo da Vinci with which he will illustrate his lecture.

Although he has made a detailed study of Leonardo's life and works Mr. Lieb has made it clear that he intends to expound the practical rather than the artistic side of the life of the famous Italian scholar, in his lecture tonight. He believes that every student knows more or less about Leonardo as an artist but few realize that he was one of the greatest military engineers of all time.

Dean Hughes of the Engineering School will preside at a dinner given in Mr. Lieb's honor at the Harvard Club in Boston before the lecture.