PHILLIPS BROOKS HOUSE BEGINS CLOTHING DRIVE

ARTICLES COLLECTED WILL BE GIVEN TO NEEDY

The annual Phillips Brooks House drive for old clothing, shoes, books, and magazines will set under way this morning, when the 125 members of the college who have been chosen to act as collectors from the various dormitories will receive letters from R. P. Bullard '24, Social Service Secretary of Phillips Brooks House, who is in charge of the collection.

Each of the collectors will be given districts to canvass in the College dormitories. Collections will continue throughout the week, and trucks will call at each collector's headquarters from time to time to gather up the contributions which he has received.

The articles collected will be distributed among many charitable institutions, among them Robert College of Constantinople, the Cambridge Welfare Union, the Morgan Memorial and the Salvation Army. Magazines especially will be sent to men on the United States merchant marine and in various sailors' homes and hospitals, such as that at Charleston. Some of the clothing will also be distributed through the Students Aid Association to needy German students, and some, through the Industrial Aid Association and the American Red Cross, to destitute workmen in America.