ENGLISH ARMY OFFICER FROM PERSIA TO SPEAK AT UNION

Major-General Percy Sykes Will Give Illustrated Talk November 27

Major-General Sir Percy Sykes will speak at the Union on Tuesday, November 27, according to word received at the Union yesterday. He will speak on his travels in Persia and will illustrate his address by lantern slides.

General Sykes, who is an Englishman and who has been in His Majesty's army for many years, was commander of colonial troops in southern Persia during the war. He has come to the United States to lecture during the coming season and has already given two lectures of a series of eight at Lowell Institute in Boston.

A second address of note which will be given at the Union this month is that of Mr. Arthur E. Morgan, president of Antioch College, who will speak on the evening of Wednesday, November 21, instead of on Tuesday, November 20, as previously announced. He will speak in the Faculty Room of the Union at 8 o'clock on "Newer Tendencies in Education."

Inasmuch as the meeting at which Mr. Morgan will speak is being held under the auspices of both the Union and the Graduate School of Education Club, all members of the Union and the Educational Club will be welcomed.