"ISOLATED CAMBRIDGE"

"What will happen when Yale meets Harvard?" has been the oft-repeated question of the past two weeks It will not, of course, be finally answered until Saturday, but anyone who attended last night's mass meeting feels that "Yale can be beaten" and will make a pretty good guess as to who can do it

Whatever the sport "experts" may say the fact remains that the Harvard team, which "found itself about the middle of the second half of the Princeton game", is at the crest of its development. It has tasted both defeat and victory, and it likes victory better. It has been hailed as a possible mystery team, an eleven that may uncover deep laid schemes and unexpected manoeuvres-all this, perhaps, because the reporters must fill from four to eight columns no matter how little they know. But to the undergraduate and to the graduate who has watched the team develop there is nothing mysterious in the air only complete confidence

At the meeting last night the slogan of "Yale can be beaten" swept through the crowd like an electric shock and aroused once again the old triumphant, spirit of "We'll beat Yale" Those who remember last year's march to the field and the determined optimism which surged through the University will not be absent today, for they are seeking a repetition of 1922. Those to whom the week before a Yale game is something new will recognize what the spirit of the University can be when Harvard with its back to the wall fights against Yale.

At the moment Cambridge is isolated. Only two factors it would seem, fight for a Harvard victory, and they are inseparable--the team and the confidence of the University. That is all there is. That is all there was in 1921. There was no more in 1922. In both cases it was enough. A team that knows it can win, and support that knows it will "what more is wanted"?