CRIMSON PLACES THIRD IN INTERCOLLEGIATES

DEFEATED ALL TEAMS WHICH HAD DEFEATED IT THIS YEAR

The University cross-country team took third place in the I. C. A. A. A. A. meet held yesterday in Van Cortlandt Park in New York City with a score of 100 as against 58 for Syracuse, the winner, and 66 for Columbia, the runner-up.

Other teams which scored in the meet are: Maine, 120; Princeton, 123; Penn State, 139; Dartmouth, 229; Yale, 244; University of Pennsylvania, 245; M. I. T., 274.

The Crimson harriers gave a wonderful exhibition. They defeated every team which had beaten them this year. The Crimson team ran together between places 31 and 40 up to the last mile and a half, when they extended themselves and came up very fast.

Cutcheon Places First for Crimson

Cutcheon, the first Crimson man to cross the line, took 12th place in strong finish, having passed nearly 20 men in the last mile and a half. Ryan finished 21, Captain Coburn 26, Chapin 28, and Watters, who ran in spite of a sick stomach, crossed the line in position 32.

Booth of Johns Hopkins won the race in 32 minutes and 10 seconds, a record for the Van Cortlandt distance. The order of the first nine men after Booth is: Bright of Carnegie Tech, Raymond of Maine, Hillman of Maine, Case of Syracuse, Master of Georgetown, McLane of Pennsylvania, Powell of Rutgers, Middleton of Syracuse, and Schmidt of Columbia. It can be seen that many of the colleges which had a runner in the first ten did not place in the final score. This is a result of the intercollegiate ruling that five men from each college must finish in order that the school may rate in the final scoring.

The levelness of the Van Cortlandt course was a great aid to the Crimson runners.