LEWIS SUCCEEDS JUDSON AS COACH OF WRESTLING

WRESTLING SEASON WILL OPEN ON SATURDAY

Mr. William E. Lewis, recently boxing and wrestling instructor with the Pennsylvania Mounted Police, has just been appointed coach of the wrestling team at the University and will take up his duties this week, according to an announcement made last night by the Harvard Athletic Association. He will succeed Mr. Frank Judson, coach of the University wrestling team for the past two years, who has left Cambridge to engage actively in wrestling in New York and Chicago during the winter.

Mr. Lewis is an all around athlete, getting his first professional training, both as a performer and coach, at Buffalo, New York. He has made a specialty of wrestling, but has also had some experience in track coaching and basketball. From Buffalo he went to Pennsylvania State College, where he was coach of the wrestling team, and in charge of intramural sports for about 12 years. He was for a year and a half in military service, and then returned to Penn State for a year, leaving in the fall of 1921 to go into public school work as director of physical training and general athletics.

Had Squad of Over 200 at Penn State

During the past year he has been with the Pennsylvania State Police as special instructor in boxing and wrestling. While at Pennsylvania State Mr. Lewis had classes in wrestling of between 200 and 300, arousing great interest among the students there, and developing very successful intercollegiate teams.

The University wrestling season will start formally on December first at 4.15 o'clock in the Hemenway Gymnasium, when all men interested in wrestling will be able to meet Coach Lewis.

At that time Coach Lewis will outline his plans for the coming season. Captain E. H. Bates '25 and Manager F. F. O'Donnell '25 will also speak and all wrestling candidates will be given an opportunity to enroll for the winter season.

The competition for second assistant manager of wrestling will also start on Monday with a meeting of candidates in 32 Randolph Hall at 1.15 o'clock.